SUMMARY: Sets up and operates printing press to print designs or lettering on stock.
- Reads job orders and sets up machinery for specific customer requirements.
- Constantly checks and monitors quality of printing at prescribed intervals
- Records and scans in appropriate documentation
- Communicates non- conformance to supervision.
- Able to run machinery at acceptable speeds and scrap levels.
- Able to perform all functions in the “Make Ready” portion of process control.
- Obtains approval for start up from supervision or an approved source.
- Keeps machine and work area clean.
- Able to troubleshoot mechanical or process control problems.
- Performs all duties in safe manner and follow all work rules.
- Any other duties determined by management.
- Able to differentiate between colors, hues, and shades.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directs and coordinates activities of the floater on each press.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Prefer high school education or a GED. 1-2 years printing experience prior to hiring will be beneficial.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to read, speak and comprehend English
OTHER SKILLS: Must be able to use a calculator and understand concepts of basic math. Must be proficient at reading a ruler and distinguish colors. Familiar with basic small tools.
CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS: Must pass safety control check sheet and color chart. LOTO awareness sign off sheet. Operator certification process is not applicable at this time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to push, pull, kneel, reach, sit, hear and see. Standing is required for long periods of time. Must be able to see fine detailing in finish product. Must be able to lift up to 50# on a random basis.
WORK ENVIROMENT: Employee may feel vibration from machinery. Noise levels can be at required PPE levels on machinery. No other negatives noted.
PAY: $16.00- $19.00 per hour based on level of experience on press and type of press.