JOB DESCRIPTION $22-28
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic Highly Skilled
Department: Maintenance Department
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Installs and repairs electrical and industrial machinery and equipment. Diagnoses and uses troubleshooting skills to fix malfunctioning apparatus and performs preventative maintenance.
- Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting skills to repair machinery.
- Dismantles, adjusts, and repair assemblies according to prints.
- Uses diagnostic equipment.
- Makes modifications to machinery as required.
- Able to operate a full range of shop equipment tooling and machinery.
- Orders repair parts from vendors.
- Able to read and interpret schematics and other drawings.
- Responsible for items related to building maintenance.
- Electrical- Maintains electrical systems. Competent with voltage up to 480 3 phase.
- Pipefitting- Maintains and able to modify and repair high pressure compressed air piping systems.
- Proficient with welding and using cutting tools.
- Keeps work areas clean.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner and follows all work rules.
- Job may require occasional travel.
- Any other duties determined by management.
- Able to differentiate between colors, hues, and shades.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have high school education or a GED. Additional technical school or vocational education is a plus and may be required. Familiar with Electrical Code and able to read schematics and blue prints.
Must be able to read, speak and comprehend English
Must be able to use a calculator and understand concepts of basic math. Must be proficient at reading a ruler and distinguish colors. Must have own tools and be able to operate many diagnostic tools and test equipment.
Authorized and certified in LOTO. Prefer people to have tow-motor and scissor lift certification.
Must be able to push, pull, kneel, reach, sit, hear and see. Standing is required for long periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 50# on a random basis.
Employee may feel vibration from machinery. Noise levels can be at required PPE levels on machinery. Subject to cleaners, oils, lubricants and other shop related chemicals. No other negatives noted.
REQUIRED TRAINING DOCUMENTS:
Not applicable at this time.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.